Wednesday 3 February 2016

Introduction to the Project

The project 'Beauty and the Brand' is about creating ideas and bringing them to life in order to create an advertising campaign for a makeup brand. This is an exciting concept in that, like the last brief, we are given a broad creative opportunity that will test our ability to conceptualise, organise and create.

From the list of brands, I know that I can already rule out a lot a few such as Shiseido, Lancome, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier and Charlotte Tillbury as these are brands who's campaigns often focus on natural, fresh, conventional beauty. I don't feel as if creating looks focused on these looks will push my creative boundaries and result in images that I am proud of, as I feel like more creative and innovative looks from the likes of MAC, Ellis Faas, Illamasqua and Max Factor are a style that I would like to gravitate towards.

What I am most looking forward to for this project is having images for my portfolio and for my social media outlets that I will be proud of. I would like my images to help me find myself as a creative professional, and show me what my style is as well as my strengths and weaknesses. Moreover, I want to utilise this chance to collaborate with other students that study styling and photography in order to materialise my ideas to the highest standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment