Thursday 18 February 2016

Chosen Brand: Chanel

I have decided to choose Chanel as my brand for this brief. When deliberating among the list we were given, I knew that the natural beauty brands would not be for me. I wanted to reflect a brand that had more personality and character and something high fashion as that is an area I am interested in and what I think I would be more enthusiastic about.

Chanel is possibly one of the most well known and timeless brands in the world and their range of catwalk looks, editorials and adverts are diverse, creative and often themed. For example, their 'Cruise' or also known as 'Resort' collection is currently based around travel, meaning their clothes, adverts and editorials will be based around this theme. This is a pre-season release that is intended for wealthy customers going on holiday after the winter seasons, and the clothes and looks are ready to wear meaning the customers have things to buy from Chanel in between the A/W and S/S collections.

Chanel's Spring 2016 collection was based on travel, and the coverage of the show was widespread. The runway was transformed into an airport terminal, creating their own 'Chanel Airlines' brand, with the models even trawling suitcases around. There were very feminine looks that featured the infamous Chanel tailored suit, and more boyish looks that featured backwards caps and casualwear.



It is clear even here that the hair differs slightly, however it is still synched at the nape of the neck. Moreover, sunglasses are worn by the models on the right, and despite the model on the left not wearing glasses, their makeup is in a similar shape to this. This is another ode to the 'travel' theme using makeup and hair.

Now that I have chosen Chanel, I will be delving further into its world of advertising, catwalks and editorials.


No comments:

Post a Comment