Wednesday 3 February 2016

Skin

During this lesson, we focused on creating dewy and matte skin. This was in order to create the perfect blank canvas which is the first step in creating a beauty makeup look.


  1. To begin with, prep the skin by cleansing, toning and moisturising, also making sure that there are no remnants of makeup anywhere. Ask the model whether they are allergic to anything as you don't want to use products that will irritate their skin. 
  2. If their skin is oily, mattify the skin and avoid moisturising the t-zone area. 
  3. Massage the skin to move the blood around the face and aid circulation. 
Dewy skin:


Products used:

  • MAC Face and Body Foundation in N1 and N5 mixed together
  • MAC Pro Longwear Conealer in NW15 and NW35 mixed together
  • MAC Strobe cream
  • MAC Fix +
Method:

  • Firstly, I mixed the two foundations to create the correct colour. Then I applied it with a stippling brush to create a flawless, smooth base. I applied a few layers of this until I got my desired coverage. This is a very light foundation that can be built up and is very dewy.
  • I then applied N5 in the hollows of the face such as below the cheekbones and on the sides of the forehead for some subtle sculpting.
  • Following this, I applied a light amount of mixed concealer underneath the eyes just to freshen up the face. 
  • Next, I used light amounts of strobe cream on the areas of the face where the light hits. This was areas on the forehead, on the nose, on the cheekbones, on the cupids bow and on the chin. 
  • To finish off, I used Fix + in order to make the face even more dewy. Even though I did not use powdery products I think that this product will leave the face looking even more fresh and will also set the makeup.
Matte skin:


Products used:


  • Illamasqua Translucent Powder
  • Illamasqua Sculpting Powder Duo
Method:

  • To mattify the skin, I applied powder on the areas where there was light and dewiness. This meant that contour was still there but there was no shine. 
  • In order to highlight without creating a dewy look, I used the highlight from the Illamasqua sculpting powder duo to highlight the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment