Wednesday 23 March 2016

Catwalk Hair Ideas

For this look, I know that I would like to have a headband as that is what a lot of the models of this catwalk were wearing. For example:

      

Their characteristics are silver, often with different textures, so I decided to create my own with embellishments that had the same intention that the silver features had for Karl. This being that the reflection replicates the sun shining on an aeroplane.

In addition to this, I noticed that pearls were worn by a lot of the models. For example:

      

I have also been inspired by past Chanel looks. I think black silk is commonly seen within Chanel and this feminine addition is synonymous with the brand. For example, Chanel's Fall/Winter 2015 catwalk show featured a headband with silver accessory:

 

Therefore I wanted to include some sort of pearl accessory as an allusion to this.



I think that this headband idea will go well with a hairstyle that has a middle parting, and so that is how I fashioned it on my doll head. In addition to this, I experimented with a plait at the back of the hair and possibly intertwining this thin pearly string through it, however this is an idea that I will have to refine.

I also created some hair charts that were inspired by the Chanel hairstyles that I found in my research:

Day Hair Charts:



These looks are simple, however I believe that they encompass the Chanel hairstyle seen on the catwalk. I included trends such as the plait, the hair at the nape of the neck and the Chanel S/S 16 feature of a middle parting and something silver. What I will need to think about when choosing the perfect hairstyle is the practicality of it, how it will look on camera and whether it will match the clothes that I choose.  I also intend to have the hair natural without using hair tools as it seems as if this is how the hair is during the Chanel show.

Night Hair Charts:



I kept the basic principle of having hair accessories within the hairstyle. Having already practiced a hairstyle that I like the look of, I still came up with two other ideas that would also be suitable for the night look. Considering pearls are the signature material/ jewellery that Chanel is known for, I think that I should include this. Moreover, I think that the headband adds a classy, more expensive feel to the look which is what I want to contrast with the day look.


No comments:

Post a Comment