Monday 14 March 2016

Catwalk Photography & Test Shoot

These are the photography inspirations for my catwalk shoot, which are all from the Zara website. I chose these photos as my inspiration as I thought that they emulated the catwalk, such as the bright lighting and poses that show the fashion and the makeup very clearly. I will also use these as pose inspiration.

I am hoping to find a fashion photographer to help me create my vision, however I conducted a test shoot incase I don't find someone. This is so that if I do end up having to take the photos myself, I know exactly what lighting, equipment and settings I need.

During Simon's lesson I got advice on how to set up the lighting that I require and what I will need. I made a list of these things:

  • Canon 550D
  • Tripod
  • 50mm lens
  • 100mm Macro lens
  • Sync lead
  • Tethering cable
  • Light meter
  • iMac Station
  • 4 Polyboards
  • 1 light with a spill kill
I also took a photo of the camera settings and the setup so that on the day I am able to set up quickly and take the photos without any delay:



There was a lot of experimentation with different lighting, and this is obvious in the photos as there are differences with background, lighting softness and shadows:


Here are the photos that I liked the most:


We were able to replicate my moodboard as close as possible in the 2 hours that we had to set up, experiment and photograph and I am happy with how they look. The Zara photos in my moodboard are overexposed and perfect for fashion and online shoots, however not perfect for makeup. Therefore I think the darker look of my photos are more appropriate to show the makeup, hair and outfits of my catwalk shoots.

Despite thinking that these photos still need editing in terms of lighting and refining the floor, I found this a really helpful practice in order to have an actual idea of what I would like and how to create what I would like. 


No comments:

Post a Comment