Wednesday 23 March 2016

Catwalk Makeup Ideas

I incorporated blue into all the makeup looks that I created. I did this because I have seen it throughout the S/S 2016 collections and am still seeing blue throughout the A/W 2016 collections. I believe that blue is also fitting as the collection has an element of alluding to the sky and its rich blue colour or sunsets, and I want to create a reference to this too. In addition to this, I think that it is a fitting addition to the clothing ideas that I put together. Moreover, all of my looks will consist of a natural looking, dewy base that is not heavy but still looks flawless. 5/6 also include natural, pink lips as this is what I have seen throughout the Chanel collection, and I believe that a colour will be too extravagant combined with blue.

Day Catwalk Makeup Ideas:


 This look was inspired by Chanel's S/S 2016 Haute Couture collection. I think a blue graphic liner look around the eye will not overpower the garments but will be an interesting, shapely addition. I included this in the 'day' look as I believe that it is not harsh but a light, creative addition to the face.








This look takes more of a 90's inspiration, and also inspiration from the use of eyeshadow in the S/S show. Although it will not across the nose etc, it will be pale and soft like the sunglass shape makeup by Tom Pecheux. The Kiko eyeshadow colour that I would intend to use mimics the colour of the Chanel version, and I think that a pale pink lip would create a girly, traditional look suited to Chanel.






This look consists of thick, blue mascara around the lashes. This is an alternative twist to the conventional simple black mascara look. I want the blue to be vibrant and visible, so will need to find a product that is bright but can give a thick clumpy effect that I desire.







Night Catwalk Makeup Ideas:

 
This look consists of an ombre, blue eyeliner look. I chose to create an ombre eyeliner rather than a traditional eyeliner as I wanted to replicate a 'sunset' type transition. This came from the theme of travel and aeroplanes that also inspired Karl Lagerfeld.










This look was inspired by the bold eyeliner looks I have seen throughout different catwalk collections. I think that it also encompasses the grungy, rebellious look that I have seen in the editorials and the 'Country Western' Chanel video.







I like this look as it is natural and plain but has a statement that brings everything in the face together. The bold blue lip may be too much when accompanied with the garments. I also think that this could be more appropriate for an advert look.

No comments:

Post a Comment