Wednesday 23 March 2016

Timed Assessment










































Moodboards:
Makeup 
Hair
Overall mood






I was pleased with how my timed assessment turned out as it was just how I imagined the look. This was also a helpful practice for my night photoshoot as I knew exactly what I was doing and could get straight to it. I also accomplished the dewy, natural skin that I was aiming for. This was also aided by my notes that I prepared the night before, along with a photo of my practice of the makeup:



I found that having thorough notes was very beneficial when creating the look. I did not feel unprepared at all, and if I felt any nerves or had a mind lapse I was able to go straight to my notes and get back to what I was doing. This has taught me how important preparation is when creating the actual look as it gave me the confidence to go in and create the look. With timed assessments before, I have gone in not really knowing what I am doing and this has led to creating looks that I was really not happy with. However I feel like those negative experiences have taught me what not to do and how important it is to prepare and make sure that you know exactly what to do when going in. Therefore I feel as if throughout the past 2 years I have learnt a lot in terms of professionalism and preparation which has led me to become more organised and determined.

In terms of working with my model, I found it easy as she had the hair length that I desired and had clear skin, making it easier to create the look that I wanted, with a realism of what it would look like on a catwalk model. I don't think that this look would have been harder to create if it were on someone that I did not know. In addition to this, I did not have to adapt the look to her face or hair as it suited it perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment