Monday 11 April 2016

Advert Test Shoot

During Simon's lesson I tested the lighting that I wanted for my two shoots. The two shoots will have the same lighting as it replicates the look of a sunset in a fashion context. A lot of experimentation went into the process in order to get the exact effects that I wanted, those being the gradient background and flattering lighting on the face that highlights the face and body in order to replicate the effect of the sun.

We encountered trouble in terms of the colour gels mixing on the background and finding their position that looked as if they have a gradient effect. After much testing we got the position right and I got the desired colour and effect that I wanted that was very much like my inspiration photos.

Here are my inspiration images:

 


Here are the progress photos:

 

 


















As shown in the photos, there was a reflection of the boom lighting colour gel holder behind Amelia. We adjusted positions of the lights and the intensity several times with no avail, until we moved the light on Amelia's face to a side angle, which got rid of the reflection on the background.

Testing the lighting for this shoot was extremely helpful; there was so much experimentation and testing that went into getting the look that I wanted, and overall it took about an hour and a half to get it right. Had I gone into this shoot without practicing the light, I would have not been able to get this effect that I desired. Therefore this has once again shown me how important it is to test shoot before the real shoot as it saves a lot of time and gives you more confidence to set up and shoot quickly.

I took photos of the setup of the lighting for ease on the day:

      






No comments:

Post a Comment