Tuesday 19 April 2016

'Day' Advert Shoot Ideas


I have decided that I would like the theme of this shoot to be by the pool next to a beautiful sunrise or sunset in Miami. I have compiled some photos that inspire the hair, makeup, lighting and styling roughly. This gives me a basis on what to design and decide for my shoot. The reason I decided to base this shoot by a pool is because of the fact that LA is known for being by the sea, with the people living there being avid tanners and swimmers. This look will also match the collection that is based on sunsets, sunrises and the sea.

I want to create this wet hair look on my model to replicate the effect of just coming out of the water. To do this I will have to use hair products such as sea salt spray and a water spray in order to keep the hair looking damp and realistic. I have also thought about putting accessories in the hair to break up the gap between the hair and the shoulders, and so this is something to consider too. It also brings the nature element into the shoot, which I think is also relevant in terms of L.A and also the feminine stereotypical look of Chanel.

My makeup moodboard shows that I want to focus on the orange and coral colours of the collection, and also have a wet look effect on the eyes, lips and skin which adds to the realism of the model coming out of the water. The orange lips have been inspired by the lipstick in the LA Sunrise collection called 'Shipshape', which is an orange, glossy lipstick. Moreover, the eye colour has been inspired by the blush from the collection called 'Sunkiss Ribbon'. The wet look effect on the skin will be achieved by rubbing coconut oil onto the shoulders and neck, and then spraying water on the skin. This means that the water sits on top of the skin and is more noticeable.



These sunsets have inspired the colours that I have chosen for the makeup look. Not only this, but the look of the water and the water on the skin has taken inspiration from the presence of the sea here. I want the viewer of the makeup to have a sunset come to mind as soon as they see the look. These are my facecharts:

  

They all consist of coral, glossy lips accompanied with eyeshadow that is either orange or orange, yellow and pink. These mimic the photos of sunsets that have inspired me and influenced this shoot. Moreover, as Chanel's adverts are focused on femininity and beauty, these looks need to be flattering and conform to beauty makeup which is the conventional placement of makeup on the face, eyebrows, eyes and lips. Moreover, the base will need to be heavy but look natural, as their beauty adverts are heavily edited and there are absolutely no flaws on the skin whatsover. I am aware of what products I need to achieve this look. 

Having considered the hair, the styling and the composition of the photo, I would like to create the makeup on the first face chart. I decided that a lot of colours on the eye would clash too much with the background of the photo, with the orange that I would like on the swimsuit, and also the orange lips. In addition to this, as there will be gloss over the eyelid, I don't think that multiple colours will be immediately apparent, therefore I will keep it simple with light and dark oranges. 

For the styling of this shoot, I want the model to wear a retro, 80's inspired swimsuit. This is to add to the realism of the context in which the shoot is set in; by a pool or by the sea. Moreover, it conforms to my 80's Miami theme, as the 80's focused on programmes with women in swimsuits in America. Such programmes include Baywatch, Miami Vice and Saved by the Bell:

Miami Vice

Saved by the Bell

Baywatch

After this, I was able to buy items from ASOS for my shoot. As the advertisement is only mid shot to close up, I don't need to worry about clothes from below the torso. Therefore I decided on a swimsuit with a halter neck as this means that it will still be visible. In addition to this, it has orange straps on the swimsuit which matches the makeup and conforms to the sunset theme.

I chose the flower clips as I thought that this would provide aesthetically pleasing decoration that would fill dead space between the hair and the shoulders in certain positions that I would like the model to be in. As mentioned earlier, I think that it also adds a feminine touch and draws in the natural theme. 

 







No comments:

Post a Comment