Friday 22 April 2016

'Night' Editorial Shoot Ideas

I created moodboards that compiled my ideas for my night Editorial shoot:

My ideas for the makeup have taken a clear inspiration from the Chanel editorials, as their makeup is black and smokey. I believe that they chose this because of its association with rebellion, and therefore I would like to keep this image within my 'night' look. I would like to defer from creating a plain smokey eye look, and so would like to have a twist on this, which could be with colour, lines or different textures. This could also inject the colour to the shoot that it will need, as I found that this is not something I had in my previous shoot. For the skin, I would like the same natural, barely there look with a hint of contour that has been shown in the editorials, and with a natural, brushed through brow. This retains an element of a care-free attitude and sets the look apart from stereotypical beauty makeup seen on an advert. 

The face chart ideas:




What I would like here is a messy bun style on my model. This is because the texture of her natural hair is straight, and I don't think that this has the rebellious effect that the original editorials have. Therefore I think that a messy bun would still give this effect but still have structure within it. As her hair is long too, having it up won't cover the clothes and will not overpower the eye makeup. It also is a perfect mix of a feminine and effortless look. I have string with small pearls on it that may be effective to intertwine within the bun or around the base of it. I think that this look contrasts the day look, as the previous hairstyle is more conservative and is low and hidden. Whereas this look is more dramatic and visible. With look I can control how neat or messy it looks and this diversity is useful in that if the outfit does not look loose and rebellious enough, I can balance this out with the hair. 

The styling for this shoot aims to be more formal than the first, but still combining casual and formalwear. There are feminine and masculine shapes combined,  such as the jumper with shirt combination which isn't stereotypically feminine, but the long jacket synched in the waist with a waist belt could stereotypically be construed as a feminine silhouette and style. I think this also captures the classic Chanel style that focus on fitted blazers and jackets: 

 

The short skirt adds the element of rebellion that has been featured in the Chanel editorials, and opposes Chanel's stereotypical midi skirts. I think this mix of classic and modern is what their S/S 2016 editorials have had the intention of portraying, and wanted to tell a story of defiance and progression. 

In terms of location, I would like it to be in the same sort of area as before as it still features infrastructure but not in an area that is too run down or not identifiable with the city. I found that shooting in this area last time was useful in that there weren't too many people around either, as this is important when shooting on location as having too many passers-by can disrupt the photography and could potentially sabotage a photo that could otherwise be used. 





No comments:

Post a Comment