Saturday 9 April 2016

Planning the Advert Shoot

I created a moodboard in order to grasp what I wanted the shoots to look like and what I wanted their theme to be. Having decided on this 80's miami look, which I think is mimicked in the LA Sunrise shoots and promotional video.


Within this mooboard I have included inspirations for overall look, lighting, hair, makeup, and post-production. This is my first step towards designing the 'day' and 'night' looks. What I can contrast is a less extravagant, more windswept look for the day, and a wet, more tropical look for the night. 

From these photos I love the look of the gradient pale pink and blue background. I think that this matches the sunset theme and also connotes the look of 'miami vice'. I will need advice on how to create this look in the studio, which I will utilise in my photography lessons. 

I found that the shoot with Lindsey Wixson was particularly helpful as it gave me hair and makeup ideas for the shoots. For example damp looking, slicked back hair gives the impression that the model is by the sea or a pool which is a look contextually correct in terms of LA. Moreover, the two photos from magazines that are based on 'Miami vice' were a good inspiration for my night photoshoot. I think that the curled hair is a more extravagant look that still matches this LA look.

Poses

The poses for the advert will be heavily inspired by the poses of the model in the video. She puts her fingers around her face a lot in order to showcase the nail polish that is being sold in the collection, and so I would like my model to follow poses such as these:

  

What I have also noticed that almost all the photos and the video promoting this collection have been in landscape. Therefore I would like to shoot my photos in landscape as I intend for them to be on the Chanel website, or possibly on a billboard. This enables me to fit the model in, with the logo and also to show an interesting background, such as the blue gradient background in Chanel's shoot.

From doing this, I am now able to separate my two look and start planning them both. My next step is to plan all the elements of the shoot: lighting, poses, hair, makeup, styling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment