Monday 4 April 2016

Chanel Day Catwalk Shoot

Here are my favourite edited photos from the Chanel 'Day' Catwalk shoot:

   

   

   

   

   

Positives

I am pleased with the style of this shoot as I believe that it emulates the look of a catwalk. From doing the practice shoot and the 'night' shoot the set up of the photography was quick and painless, giving me more time than before to get as many shots as possible. This meant that I had a lot more photos that I liked enough to edit in this shoot than I did the last shoot. Moreover, I gave myself time to look at the makeup on the model while shooting, which I had learned from the previous shoot as I did not touch up the makeup then resulting in the photos suffering. I think that this is clear as I had to edit my model's face less during this shoot and it looks more realistic. I am also happy with how the outfit turned out, however I do feel as if it is not 100% appropriate for a catwalk look.

Negative

During the editing process, I found myself unable to edit out the reflection on the sunglasses, despite looking at several tutorials. This is where I would have had no problem if I was able to find a photographer who could have taken these images and edited them after for me. Despite this, I feel as if the realism of the reflection on the sunglasses is what would be shown when a photo would be taken of a model backstage or on the catwalk. Whereas if it were in an advertisement, I would definitely needed to have edit out the reflection. I also feel as if the mascara could have been thicker and clumpier to stand out more.


No comments:

Post a Comment