Monday 11 April 2016

'Night' Advert Shoot Ideas

I created some moodboards for hair, makeup and styling ideas in order to grasp what I would like for my shoot:

The makeup look has taken strong inspiration from the promotional photo for the LA Sunrise collection. I wanted to include the red lips because for my night look, the model would be more glamorous, extravagant and bold. I would like to use (replicant) colours from the collection such as the purple eyeshadow and the blue eyeliner as well as the red lipstick. Red is a romantic colour, and red lips have the connotations of being confident, feminine and independent which I think advertisements often have the intention of. This also aims to make consumers buy their products in order to achieve what impression the product is giving. Moreover, the combination of blue and red, to me, is identifiable with sunsets and a late night sky. After doing this, I created face charts with ideas for the makeup to decide what I would like and what would look best.

Here are my face charts:





I chose to include the red lipstick in all looks as I think that this is the statement product. It will be showcasing the lipstick from the collection, called 'Energy'. In addition to this, I have included the purple eyeshadow from the 'Les 4 Ombres' quad eyeshadow palette, and the 'Stylo Yeux Waterproof' in 'Fervent Blue'.
From my inspiration images, I saw this hairstyle a lot in Miami/LA themed shoots and thought that it was perfect for my night look. This is glamorous, and as I am basing this shoot on a 70's/80's look, this hair is fitting because of the glamorous life some of the women lead during this era, and because of their experimentation with curled hairstyles. Despite it being stereotypical of the red carpet, as featured in my moodboard it is also used in editorials that are based poolside or on the beach, and so I think that it is appropriate for this shoot. It will also match the makeup, however will not overshadow it. In terms of my model's hair length, I think that the hairstyle in the first photo will be the most appropriate. I already know that this look will be achievable with rollers which I will use to create the look. 
Creating this moodboard was helpful when trying to create an idea for the styling of this shoot. I originally though that I wanted to have my model in a swimsuit with a fluffy jacket on, however during this process and while looking at photos I decided that this was probably better for the day shoot. 80's clothing stereotypically is the padded shoulder or double breasted blazer, and while creating this I was searching online to see how easy it would be to buy one of these. I found this pale pink double breasted blazer and thought that it would be perfect for the look, accompanied with minimal jewellery so as to not clash with the colours of the makeup and not dominate the frame. I originally wanted a neck scarf like that in the LA Sunrise photo, however due to time constraints I will not be able to order that in time. Once I have got the clothes and accessories I will post photos below of how they look.

I ordered items from the ASOS website that I will use for the shoot:





I found this jacket while surfing the website and thought that it was absolutely perfect for my look. Paired with the curled hairstyle, the sunglasses, the makeup and the background, I thought it would be a match. I believe that this is also reflective of the 'Miami Vice' theme and has a retro look. 

I ordered a small, gold necklace that I thought would break up the space between the chin and the jacket, but would not overpower the look. 

In addition to this, I ordered two pairs of sunglasses that I thought fitted my theme and looked retro. Although these will hide the makeup, I thought they might be a fitting addition to the outfit, however I don't think that this is stereotypical of a Chanel Makeup advert. Therefore I will still use these sunglasses, however not for my submission as I think they will be appropriate for portfolio work too.


No comments:

Post a Comment